Saturday, July 5, 2008

Hola Amigos y Bienvenido!

This marks my first attempt at documenting my travels here in Mexico (and someday hopefully other places) in a slightly more organized fashion than the scattered scribblings of my journal. As of today, I have been in Mexico for 3 weeks and 6 days, which falls somewhere between a lifetime and the blink of an eye. I flew into Puerto Vallarta from BWI on a one-way ticket with the intention of spending a few days on the beach, 5 1/2 weeks studying Spanish at the University of Guadalajara, 4-6 weeks volunteering in an orphanage in Oaxaca and the remainder of the time that my money held out finding the answers to ‘those questions that bother me so.'

Life here does not appear to fit into any sort of box--which I say with excitement as well as precaution. Any observations that I make or experiences I recount along the way within this medium are solely for the purpose of illustration and are by no means designed to judge or offend.

So whenever you have the inclination, please join this islander abroad in living la vida Mexicana!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Will join on a daily basis!! I am so rolling on the floor laughing when you email us that Richard can barely recognize me! :D